Monday, November 17, 2014

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas--Review



I've found a delightful author in Sarah J. Maas. (I know, where have I been?) This series is a best seller for a reason! I haven't been a fan of epic fantasy because it usually gets bogged down with details I don't enjoy. I like my books to be fast paced and chuck full of excitement, so when I had the chance to read Throne of Glass at a discounted price, I snapped it up. I had been looking for something exciting, and I wasn't disappointed. Ms. Mass is a master of words. I don't say this lightly. She weaves lines so exquisitely I can't help but be sucked into her prose.

The idea of a female assassin who was only eighteen and had endured so many hardships wasn't too appealing to me at first. I'd like to say I had real enthusiasm for this story going in, but I didn't. Celaena Sardothian swiftly stole my heart, and I was along for a glorious ride from that moment on. Celaena is likeable in most ways, yet flawed deeply. I like this about her character and was drawn to her imperfection and her sense of self. She'd been raised to be confident. She'd killed people for money, but what I saw in her was a young woman trying to make sense of a messed up world. I could relate, lol.

I won't go into details of the story. For that, you'll have to read the book. This is a no spoiler zone, so there :)

I've read the three available books in this trilogy and can't get enough. May 2015 won't come soon enough for this fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment